4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
The book of Revelation declares that after the end of the 7 year tribulation Jesus triumphantly returns to earth and reclaims His ownership. The beast and the false prophet have convinced untold millions, even billions, to pledge their allegiance to the beast and have taken his mark on their wrist or forehead (the name of the beast equated to the number 666).
Upon Jesus’ return He quickly captures and throws the beast and false prophet into the final hell, the lake of fire, where they will spend eternity in burning torment.
What ushers in next is the Millennial Kingdom, where the Saints possess and rule the Kingdom with Jesus. We see in this period a perfectly designed and executed government, lead by our Lord Jesus Christ, with great physical (and spiritual) blessings for the saints:
- Ruled from one location, Jerusalem – Isaiah 2:2-4 – “It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, and many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations…”
- A single, efficient, global government – Jesus will rule every square inch of the earth, and every person, through His Saints. Daniel 7:14 – “And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.”
- Led by our perfectly just and loving Lord, Jesus Christ – Isaiah 9 – “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- Lasting peace – Micah 4:3-4 – “He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.”
- The curse is lifted – Isaiah 11:6-9 – “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together , and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young ones shall lie down together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD.”
- Food is plentiful – Joel 2:21–24 – “ Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the LORD has done marvelous things! Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field; for the open pastures are springing up, and the tree bears its fruit; The fig tree and the vine yield their strength. Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God; for He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.”
- Health and long life – Isaiah 33:24 – “And the inhabitant will not say, “I am sick”; The people who dwell in it will be forgiven their iniquity.” – Isaiah 65:20 – “No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; for the child shall die one hundred years old.”
Throughout the 1000 year millennium, and eternity to come, physical and spiritual blessings will abound (I’ll cover spiritual blessings next time). This will be due to the perfect design and execution by our Lord, amazingly in part through His saints. He wants, and has designed, us to be an integral part of His perfect plan. Our current situations on earth pale in comparison to the amazing future we eagerly await.